Terms & Conditions
Ordering Promotional Gifts
- All quotations are valid for a period of 7 days from the date of the quotation.
- Work will only commence once the quote as well as Brandability’s Terms & Conditions have been accepted by Client.
- Brandability cannot be held responsible for incorrect product selection. The Client acknowledges that it is their sole responsibility to determine that the products ordered are suitable for the purposes for which they are intended. Brandability cannot be held liable for incorrect product selection.
- All quotations are subject to the availability of products or services and are subject to any increases in the cost price, including currency fluctuations to Brandability before acceptance of the order.
- The order is only accepted by Brandability once it has been confirmed in writing to the Client. Payment of a deposit does not constitute acceptance of the Clients order.
- All quotes are subject to stock availability at the time of confirming the order. Stock changes on a daily basis and therefore stock availability cannot be guaranteed until both a deposit has been paid and we have confirmed the order with our Supplier. Payment of the 50% deposit does not infer acceptance of the order as Brandability can only confirm stock once the Client has paid the deposit.
- Brandability shall be entitled to reasonably refuse any order placed by the Client. Brandability shall under no circumstances be liable to the customer in any way if for any reason Brandability fails to deliver and/or fails to deliver on time any order or part thereof placed with Brandability by the Client.
- RUSH ORDERS – We provide a Rush Order service whereby urgent orders, for a 10% premium on the total value of the order, have a guarantee of completion within 2 – 5 working days after the approval of artwork and full payment of the order has been received and cleared in our bank account. The completion date will be agreed upon prior to starting any work for the Client.
- Lead times will be deemed to commence on the date and time that Brandability receives in writing all signed off approvals of the artwork and payment of the funds have been cleared.
Artwork for Corporate Branded Gifts
- Our FREE ARTWORK redraw offer allows for 2 revisions of your artwork where after any additional changes will be charged at R150.00 excl VAT per change.
- Any delay in providing your artwork and/or receiving your artwork approval may affect the delivery date. We cannot be held responsible for delays due to artwork issues.
- Any changes requested to be made to the artwork may also affect the delivery date. We cannot be held responsible for delays due to artwork changes.
- Branding cancelled after layouts have been generated will be charged for at R350.00 excl VAT per layout.
- No work will commence until Brandability are in receipt of the duly completed signed off artwork approval. Any further changes, will require a new layout for final proofing before production starts which may affect the delivery date.
- In order to sign off the artwork, Brandability will furnish the Client with an artwork approval via e-mail or other electronic format. The artwork will illustrate the appearance of the Clients logo on the chosen product.
- Our graphic designers check your artwork for misspellings and other mistakes (such as item colours, sizing, logo colour, logo locations), but due to order volume, there is inevitably the rare instance that an error might go unnoticed. For this reason, we strongly recommend that you take part in this process by carefully checking your artwork before signing off and approving. IT IS NOT SAFE TO ASSUME ANYTHING.
- Brandability cannot be held responsible for any wrong interpretations of the artwork or order approval, so if you have any questions or if something is unclear, please contact your account manager to clarify the matter.
- BRANDABILITY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY TYPOGRAPHICAL MISTAKES OR ERRORS THAT ARE OVERLOOKED AND LATER APPROVED BY THE CUSTOMER. In addition, Brandability cannot be held responsible for any damages that may be incurred as a result of the error or mistake after the order has been printed and accepted by the customer.
- Layouts sent in colour via email are not a true reflection of the colour but a mere indication of what the product will look like due to the variations in computer monitor colouring.
- Please note: NO artwork approvals will be accepted telephonically.
- Once artwork has been approved and plates/ screen made, any changes thereafter will be charged accordingly.
- The Client understands that the branding of promotional products is not always permanent and may wear off over time. If the Client requires permanent branding, then they are required to put it in writing to their account manager prior to proceeding with the order.
- Printing colours will be matched as close as possible to Pantone colours or swatches supplied. We cannot guarantee 100% colour match due to the different materials used in promotional products.
Payment for Corporate Gifts
- All payments made by the Client to Brandability shall be made free of deduction, set-off, bank charges and commissions.
- A 50% deposit based on the invoice value is required on the placement of an order unless alternative arrangements have been made.
- Full payment is required for all unbranded & rushed orders before we’re able to confirm your order.
- A company Purchase Order may be accepted at the sole discretion of management.
- The remaining 50% of the invoice must be paid when notice is given that the goods are either ready for pickup or that the goods are ready for delivery.
- Failure to pay the remaining 50% within 7 days of the above notice will result in interest of 24% per annum being added to your invoice.
- Goods will only be released once your order has been fully paid which shall include any applicable interest.
- Please do not send your courier company for collection if payment has not been made as we will NOT release your order.
- Please note that Electronic Funds Transfer is our preferred method of payment. For your convenience, we have accounts with all 4 major banks.
- Cash payments will incur a 1.75% cash handling fee
- Cheque payments take 7-10 working days to clear. We are unable to proceed or release goods until cheques have cleared.
- Note that due to currency fluctuations, we reserve the right to change prices without prior notification.
- Brandability cannot be responsible for missed deadlines if payment has not been received and cleared in time.
- Upfront orders will only be released once proof of payment has been received & cleared in our Bank Account. Brandability cannot be responsible for missed deadlines if payment has not been received and cleared in time.
- All orders are treated as Upfront Payment unless 30-day account facilities have been approved in writing.
- We reserve the right to withdraw or amend 30-day account facilities at our discretion.
- Brandability shall be entitled but not obliged to charge interest calculated in arrears on any account more than 30 days overdue at a rate of 5% above the prime overdraft rate of our Bankers at the time of the monthly calculation.
- The Client has no right to withhold payment for any reason whatsoever and agrees that any extension of time given for payment shall be valid only if reduced to writing and signed by both parties.
- All discounts shall be forfeited if payment in full is not made on the due date.
- Goods remain the property of Brandability until paid in full. The risk in and to the products shall pass from Brandability to the Client upon the date of delivery thereof by Brandability to the Client or their agent. Any delivery notes or waybill (be it a copy or an original) signed by the Client, a representative of the Client (e.g. secretary, security) or a third party engaged to transport the products shall be conclusive proof that delivery was made to the Client.
- Non-payment resulting in Legal/Collection fees being incurred, will be for the Clients’ account.
- Brandability shall be entitled but not obliged to charge interest calculated in arrears on any amount due to it by the Client at a rate of 2% above the prime overdraft rate of our Bankers at the time of the monthly calculation.
- RUSH ORDERS – We provide a Rush Order service whereby urgent orders, for a 10% premium on the total value of the order, have a guarantee of completion within 2 – 5 working days after the approval of artwork and full payment of the order has been received and cleared in our bank account. Completion date will be agreed upon prior to starting any work for the Client.
- By confirming the order (whether via email or fax) the Client acknowledges that they are entering into a contractual agreement with Brandability and give Brandability permission to apply any outstanding balance to the payment method provided until paid in full.
Delivery & Collection of Promotional Items
- Orders must be collected within 10 workings days from order being ready for collection (unless alternative arrangements have been made). Orders not collected within 10 working days will be deemed to be cancelled and will be returned to stock or sold to offset our costs.
- At the Client’s request, Brandability will arrange for goods to be delivered to the Client via an external courier service, which costs shall be debited to the Client and payable prior to delivery of the goods.
- INSURANCE: Should the Client require the goods to be insured, then the Client will be liable for the payment of such insurance upon dispatch of the goods by Brandability. Requests to insure goods must be made in writing and accepted by Brandability. It is strongly advised that Clients arrange insurance with their account managers prior to dispatch.
- Our Free Delivery does not include freight insurance.
- Delivery times quoted are estimates and are not binding on Brandability. Due to the use of external couriers, delivery times are beyond Brandability’s control.
- Should the Client require delivery outside of our Free Delivery offer then such Delivery will be quoted on an individual job basis and will need to be accepted by the Client prior to dispatch.
- Any third party engaged in transporting the goods shall be deemed to be the agent of the Client irrespective of which party gave instructions to or paid such third party.
- Damaged or missing products need to be advised in writing to your Brandability account manager within 24 hours of receiving the goods. Please check your goods immediately upon receiving them as we are unable to rectify errors or omissions more than 24 hours after the goods have been delivered.
- Goods delivered in damaged packaging or the external box shows proof of being tampered with, needs to be indicated on the delivery slip when signing for the delivery of the goods. This must be forwarded to Brandability within 24 hours and if possible, a picture to be forwarded of the damaged packaging.
- If items have to be re-delivered because they were refused, un-deliverable or unclaimed due to incorrect address details provided by the Client, then the Client will be billed and held liable for any additional delivery costs.
- Brandability shall be entitled in its sole discretion to split the delivery of the products ordered in the quantities and on the dates it decides. Clients may receive several shipments on different days depending on the products ordered.
- FREE DELIVERY – All orders over R 1000.00 excluding Vat and delivered to a single destination point in either Cape Town, Johannesburg, Pretoria or Durban qualify for FREE DELIVERY. Please note that FREE DELIVERY does not include Free Insurance and this should be paid for by the client prior to dispatch, should the client determine the need for such.
- Delivery will only be arranged once FULL payment has been received and cleared in one of our bank accounts. To make this easier for you, we have bank accounts with all 4 major banks – please deposit into your home bank in order to expedite the clearing of funds.
- The delivery address needs to be easily accessible for the couriers. Courier drop off is at the front door of the address provided to us.
Returns & Refunds of Promotional Items
- Returns are the responsibility of the client, regardless of who is at fault. It is the client’s responsibility to ensure that goods are returned to a designated collection point in its original packaging.
- No items may be returned or exchanged unless prior written authorization has been obtained from Brandability, which must be obtained within 24 hours of delivery/collection and may be subject to a 25% handling and admin fee for non-faulty items.
- It is the sole responsibility of the Client to determine that goods purchased are suitable for the purposes of intended use.
- We cannot accept branded or custom made goods for exchange or refund.
- Refunds may take up to 30 days once accepted.
- Goods returned will be either replaced or a credit given at Brandability’s discretion
- No branded goods will be returnable if not branded by Brandability.
- Brandability is unable to provide a refund if the amount is less than R50.00 (Fifty Rand). Any refund less than R50.00 (Fifty Rand) will be credited to the clients account and offset against their next order.
- Brandability is unable to refund international clients unless the original amount was paid into our FNB bank account. Amounts paid into any of our other bank accounts will be credited to the clients account and available for use against future purchases.
- Brandability cannot accept returns on incorrect items which have already been branded regardless of whether it’s Brandability’s fault or not.
- Once an order on memory sticks has been collected from us, we unfortunately cannot accept a return on it.
- Once stock has been collected from or delivered by Brandability, we have no control over it. As such we do not accept responsibility for any damages or shortages not reported within 24 hours.
Special Import Products
- Brandability shall not be held responsible for delays as a result of import procedures such as customs right to inspect all incoming goods, shipping delays, bad weather etc as these circumstances are outside of our control.
- No cancellations can be accepted once an order has been faxed, emailed or a deposit has been received as no refunds can be given and the full amount will be payable.
- A 75% deposit is required for all orders that are a Special Import Item – there are no exceptions.
Viewing/Purchasing Samples in our Online Store
The Client is solely responsible for determining that the goods purchased are suitable for the purposes they intend to use them for. For this reason, we strongly recommend that the Client views, purchases or makes use of our Free Sample offer prior to placing a full order with us.
- Arrangement can be made to view samples in one of our many showrooms. These showrooms are situated in all major cities around South Africa as well as in Botswana and Namibia.
- Please ask your account manager to arrange a viewing for you.
- Samples may be purchased through your account manager and may either be collected from one of our showrooms or delivered to your premises. This is subject to our standard terms and conditions as laid out in this document.
- All sample orders need to be paid for and collected within 5 working days of receiving the invoice, failing which they will be returned to stock and the order cancelled.
- Samples with a value of less than R100 excl VAT cannot be returned for a refund.
- Samples over R100 excl VAT may be returned within 5 working days from date of purchase for a credit or a refund. Please note, samples returned after 5 days will not be refunded or credited.
- Return of samples is subject to the following in order for a refund to be processed –
- Samples must be returned in original condition as well as original undamaged packaging.
- The collection slip relevant to the samples needs to accompany the returned goods before a credit note will be issued and a refund effected.
- Damage to any part of samples or packaging will result in samples not being accepted for return.
- We do not take back returns of memory stick samples unless they are dummy samples
- We do not take back returns of hamper samples
- First time Clients are entitled to one Free Sample to the value of R20 excl VAT.
- Existing Clients are entitled to one Free Sample to the value of R50 excl VAT.
- All samples over R20/R50 will require full payment upfront and will fall under the same terms and conditions as the above – “Purchasing Samples”
- All Free Samples are unbranded
- The cost of shipping and handling Free Samples, is the responsibility of the customer. We do not ship samples to PO Boxes.
- Free Samples cannot be collected.
- Brandability reserves the right to refuse shipment of any sample at our discretion.
- Though most samples are free of charge, we may require a valid credit card and billing address for address verification purposes before mailing a sample.
- If you end up placing a full order for one of the samples you purchase then we’ll refund you the cost of the sample item.
Cancellation of Order
- Confirmed Orders (faxed or by email) constitute a binding contract and are legally enforceable.
- Once an order has been emailed or faxed, cancellations for that order will only be entertained if no branding has taken place and will be subject to a 25% handling and admin fee. A further R350-00 per layout will be charged if a layout was created.
- No cancellations of an order will be accepted on any branded items, custom made items or specially imported items.
- Any order is subject to cancellation by Brandability due to Acts beyond their control including but not limited to: inability to secure materials, supplies or power, riots, strikes, lockouts, labour disputes, civil disturbance, war, acts of God or fire.
- Orders that have been branded and remain uncollected for 30 days will be given to charity.